This is crazy delicious! Wonderful arab/african food recipe.
I have cooked it twice. Using just frozen fish!
Video and list of ingredients needed!
Detailed Recipe Here!
It is healthy way to get full servings of vegetables! My husband loved it!
Here the ingredients from Alia websites, I noted the changes I made!
- 1 whole cleaned striped bass (or any other whole fish of your 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro *** I Used frozen fish from Walmart
- 2 medium potatoes - peeled and sliced ***** I used Zucchini and Squash No Potatoes
- 1 green pepper - cut into small strips
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 tomato - sliced
- 1 lemon - sliced
- Charmoula (Moroccan marinade):
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce ***** I used tomato paste and I used red chili also
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (to taste)
- Wash the fish with salt and lemon, then rinse it with water. Make 3 deep cuts on the fish.
- Mix all the ingredients of the chamoula in a bowl.
- In a baking pan place the potato slices. Put the fish on top or the potatoes.
- Cover the fish (from the top and inside) with half of the charmoula.
- Place the rest of the vegetables around and on top of the fish. Pour the rest of the charmoula over the vegetables.
- Cover the fish with aluminum paper and let it bake in the oven at 350 F for 1 hour.